Friday, July 20, 2012

Disco Ball nails

Hello! I have yet another stamping design to show you today. I’m excited about today’s post, since this is one of those times when experimenting turns out great the first time around.


I was looking through my plates and as soon as I came across BM 21 I thought, “YES! Disco!” And when I think disco, I think disco ball! I absolutely love disco. The customs, the music, everything! One of my favorite musical groups of all time is the Bee Gees, who definitely have a disco style. Unfortunately, there only remains a Bee Gee and so this post is dedicated to him, Barry Gibb.

Usual lighting
During the duration of my polishing process, I had ‘You Should Be Dancing’ stuck in my head. I’ve loved the Bee Gees for as long as I can remember. In my opinion, they have the perfect combo of having a unique sound and being utterly corny! They also have amazing lyrics! Here's a video of the song:


I am very happy with the way this design came out. It was a pain to photograph though! This is probably the only time that I got flash to work and it payed off. You can really see the disco ball effect.

Flash
What I used:
  • Base coat: Essie ridge filling base coat
  • Base color: Sally Hansen Celeb City
  • Stamping color: Konad White, Princess
  • Stamp: BM 21
  • Top Coat: Seche Vite
By the way! I have a new computer, so editing and posting should be easier and therefore more frequent! I’m going to try to post at least once a week now. I change my nails once a week, so it makes sense to post a least once a week. I hope you enjoyed my post! I'm going to leave you with my favorite Bee Gees song, and a clip from the 10th Kingdom (which is one of my all time favorite movies.)

'How Deep is Your Love' is my favorite song by them. It just evokes so many emotions every time I hear it. I really love it! 


Here's a clip from the 10th Kingdom of the trolls singing the Bee Gees song, 'Night Fever.' Do enjoy, this is how I sing the song too!

Until next time,
PeaceErin

2 comments:

  1. nice!


    p.s. I'm having a $100 giveaway to SheInside if you'd like to check it out!
    devorelebeaumonstre.com xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...