Sunday, July 22, 2012

Blueberry Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls

Hello all! I have a treat for you today! It’s been a while since I have posted a treat and this one is so simple and so scrumdiddlyumptious, that I just had to share it with you: Blueberry cream cheese crescent rolls!


Now I must admit, this is not my original recipe. I got it from my mother, who got it from a Kraft magazine. We altered the recipe a little, so if you are curious, I was able to find the original recipe here.
 
So let’s get started! All you will need is four ingredients. That’s right, four.


What you will need:
  • 2 packages of crescent rolls (I used Pillsbury but store brand is just as good.)
  • 1 8oz package of cream cheese (I recommend Philadelphia brand.)
  • 4 Tbsp. of sugar
  • 1 cup blueberries
Directions
Preheat oven to 375ºF. While the oven is preheating, combine cream cheese and sugar. I would let the cream cheese soften, so it’s easier to combine.


Carefully unroll the crescent roll dough. Make sure to keep two triangles together, so it makes a square of dough. Press the seem of the two triangles together, this is to prevent all your yummy filling from falling out.

Place a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture into each of the squares. I spread my cream cheese mixture out a bit but you don’t have to (my mother never does.)


Add blueberries. I usually just add as many as I like.


 Fold opposite corners into the center, covering the filling. Repeat with the remaining two corners.


Place in the oven and bake for about 11 to 13 minutes or until it’s perfectly brown. It only took me 12 minutes to get a nice golden brown.


This recipe yields 8 pastries.

This recipe is so versatile, you can use any berry. Not to long ago, my mother used blackberries and it came out divine. You could probably use a number of different things for the filling, like apples or peaches. Something I will have to experiment with. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!

Until next time,
PeaceErin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...