Monday, July 23, 2012

2012 Summertime Challenge, who wants in?

Hello all! As we all know, it's summertime and boy is it hot! To celebrate summertime, I have decided to create a fun summer-themed manicure challenge.

I've been wanting to create my own challenge ever since last year’s 31 day challenge. However, I can’t see myself committing to a daily challenge, so I wanted to create my own challenge with different guidelines. So here it is:

Click on me to make be bigger!
This challenge will last for 9 weeks, starting this Friday, July 27th and ending on Friday September 21st. (Google says this is the last day of summer.) The goal of the challenge is to post at least once a week. I plan to post every Friday but feel free to post on whatever day is most convenient for you.

UPDATE: Since this Friday is the beginning of the challenge, Friday will begin the "week." For example, Olympic nails should be posted anytime from Friday July 27th until Thursday August 2nd! Week 2 will then begin on Friday August 3rd and so on. I hope that makes sense! Please contact me if you have any questions!

Breakdown of the Challenge:
Week 1: Olympics—The summer Olympics are starting soon! Let’s show our love for the Olympics and our countries!

Week 2: Grill it up!--- Eating outdoors is a big part of summertime. Grilling and having picnics are essential for a good summer. Create a design with food in mind.

Week 3: Inspired by a bathing suit--- Pick your favorite swim suit and create a design based on it. Make sure to include a photo of the suit!

Week 4: Sea, Sand and Surf--- Pick 1,2 or a combo of as many of the listed categories as you would like and create a manicure that will make you wish you were at the beach!

Week 5: Feelin’ HOT HOT HOT--- It’s scorching outside. Show it on your nails!

Week 6: Favorite summer snack--- What is something you love to eat during the summer? Think treats that cool you off or things only available during the summer months.

Week 7: Inspired by a movie that takes place during the summer--- Pick your favorite movie that has summer fun in it!

Week 8: Inspired by a summer song--- What song paints the picture of summertime to you? Be creative!

Week 9: Water you doing? Create a summer-themed water marble--- This can be anything that makes you think of summer; water, sand, bright colors, neon, etc.

I’m inviting anyone and everyone to join in! If you wish to participate, please let me know as soon as possible by leaving a comment below! ^You can also send me an email at handyfeats@gmail.com! I would like to link up our blogs so our readers can enjoy all of the participants designs!

If you don’t have a blog, no biggy! I would love for you to share your designs with me on my Facebook page.

I hope you join and I look forward to everyone’s creations!

Until next time,
PeaceErin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...