Friday, July 27, 2012

2012 Summertime Challenge! Week 1: Olympics

Hello! Today kicks off the first week of my summertime nail art challenge! This week's theme is the Olympics! Seemed appropriate since today is the start of the 2012 Summer Olympics that are taking place in London! I am very excited, I just love the Olympics. 


This is the first time I have ever done Olympic themed nail art, so I wanted to keep it simple. So I have the Olympic rings, the flag of my country, a gold medal, a silver medal and the Olympic torch! I wanted to have all three medals...but I don't have any bronze colored nail polish! That's something I need to fix...

 I realized now that I should have included something that represented London! My bad! I've never been to London, though I imagine it would be an amazing place to see. I have seen it on TV! Sherlock (the show) is based there and of what I've seen, seems like a cool place to be! 


What I used:
  •  Base color: OPI Alpine Snow
  • Sally Hansen Celeb City and Golden-I (for the medals) 
  • Acrylic paints= white, black, red, blue, yellow
  • Variety of nail art brushes
  • Dotting tools
I hope you all are as excited as I am about the Olympics! I can't wait to watch the opening ceremony and all of my favorite events! Of course I am rooting for the USA but I want all the best athletes to win! GO TEAM!



I'm a little disappointed in the lack of response to my challenge but I did kinda just spring it on people. With that said, IT'S NEVER TO LATE TO JOIN! So join in the fun people! 


I invited Adri from Morie's Nail Art to take part in this challenge, and she agreed! Take a look at her Olympic nails here.

I also invited The Little Canvas to participate. She won't be able to take part in all of the challenge due to scheduling but she's awesome and is still doing what she can. Check out her Olympic nails here.

Thank you to all those who are participating and to those that wanted to but couldn't because of scheduling! I appreciate it. :) Next week we'll be grilling it up! Here's a reminder of next week's objective:

Week 2: Grill it up!--- Eating outdoors is a big part of summertime. Grilling and having picnics are essential for a good summer. Create a design with food in mind. 

Also if you are participating, let me know! You can comment below or email me at handyfeats@gmail.com  I've only heard from a couple of people.  I want to link your post and have you link my post! If you are participating but don't have a blog or anything, post your picture on my Facebook page. I really want to see what you guys have come up with!

Until next time,
PeaceErin

2 comments:

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...