Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Hello again, post two for the day! First off, I have to tell you how much I just loved this manicure. I wore it all this week and had planned to wear it for today but sadly some of the polish on a couple of my nails started to chip. I hate when polish does that, but hey what can you do when you use your hands a lot... This post is dedicated to my bestest best friend Tara and my loving and devoted boyfriend Blake. These two love and support me to the fullest extent of their capabilities and for that I am truly grateful. I couldn't feel more loved. These two provided me with the idea for this manicure and I think it came out so wonderfully.

Indoors
 It's a leprechaun looming over his beloved pot of gold and of course this pot of gold has a rainbow attached to it. I did most of this design freehand, with the exception of my pinky being a stamp. (Which is hardly visible, thus I am not going to mention it.) This was my first attempt at doing freehand rainbows...They are much harder than they look haha. I feel that mine came out a bit sloppy but decent for a first attempt.

Sunlight
What I used:
Base coat: Essie Ridge filling base coat
Base color: Essie Pretty Edgy
Color of rainbow: Orly Belle of the Ball, Sally Hansen Sun Kissed, Mellow Yellow, and Sally Hansen Blue Me Away
Leprechaun: Face color was a blend of Sally Hansen Sun kissed and white stamping polish, along with a dot of mellow yellow. Hair was Sally Hansen Sun Kissed, eyes were black and white stamping polishes. 
Other colors used: Sinful colors Black on Black, Sally Hansen Golden-I
Top coat: Seche Vite
Dotting tools and various nail art brushes were also used. 

Here is the gif my boyfriend made for me. It's so cute. See what happened was after I made the Leprechauns with their hats, I noticed that if I flipped him over his hair looked like a beard and his hat became a suit. The bestie and I were so amused by this, probably because I was being such a dork and repeating hat suit hat suit as I rotated my thumb. But ya...haha I just had to share it with you. This leprechaun is multi-talented! 


I hope you enjoyed my post for the day. Please click a reaction box on the bottom of this post! It will really help me to improve. I hope you all have a wonderful day filled with green things. And by the way, the corn beef and cabbage I made turned out amazing.

Until next time,
Erin 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...