Friday, January 13, 2012

Simple Leopard Print and Southwest Chicken and Broccoli pasta dish

Hello! Today is Friday the 13th! Ahh! I am a tad superstitious, so I try not to leave the house on Friday the 13th which means today is the perfect day for a new post! I felt like doing something simple, so I went with a classic leopard print. Out of all of my bundle monster plates, plate BM 221 is one of my favorites, simply because of the leopard print. Leopard print is a pattern I can use over and over again, I just love it. What pattern or design do you love and can use over and over again? Just an FYI, I'm still experimenting with my pictures and still haven't found the right look yet but enjoy.




Close up
Base Coat: Essie ridge filling base coat
Base Color: Essence Irreplaceable 
Stamping Color: Essence Date with the Night
Stamp: BM 221
Top Coat: Seche Vite Fast Drying Top Coat

I also have a treat for you all today. The other day I was struggling with the idea of what to make for dinner when I came across this recipe. I had almost everything to make it so I decided to use this recipe but to add my own twist to it. I had everything except for rotel, so I used 8oz of picante sauce.  I also omitted the dehydrated onions and added corn. Below is an outline of what I used and how I made it.

Before Cheese.
With Cheese!
What you will need:
  • 2 cooked skinless chicken breasts, cubed
  • 3 to 4 cups frozen broccoli or more 
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 3 cups of cooked tri-color pasta
  • 1 can of corn (optional)
  • 8oz of Picante sauce or salsa (or a can of rotel like in the original recipe)
  • 2 hands cup of cheese (whatever kind you have on hand or your favorite) 
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • tsp of chili powder
  • tsp of taco seasoning
  • pinch of cumin
First off make sure to have the chicken cooked and cubed and set to the side, as well as the pasta before beginning. I cooked the chicken first and had the pasta cooking while I was preparing the rest. I started off mixing and heating (on medium high heat), the soup, milk and picante sauce. Once it began to thicken and slightly boil I added the frozen broccoli. I cooked and stirred the broccoli for about 5-7 minutes. Next I added in the corn and cooked that for about 2-3 minutes. Then I added the chicken and pasta. Once well mixed, I added the spices. Finally I topped the mixture with cheese and blended it in. And viola! Easy and delicious dinner. The original recipe was for a casserole and in hindsight I probably should have baked it but alas it still came out to be really tasty. The boyfriend especially liked it! So if you are a fan of southwestern flavor with chicken and broccoli then this is the dish for you. What kind of food do you make in hurry? I hope you enjoyed my post for today. 

Until next time,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...