Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Julep Swatches

Hello there! I have been meaning to post for a few days now but alas, I started tutoring again which has left me a little bit of a scatter brain. So my last post was about my lovely Julep box. Just by looking at the bottles, I could tell that I would love my two new polishes. Oh how right I was! These two colors are just gorgeous. First off here are some pictures of Julep Megan. I thought this was going to be a darker aqua color but really it turned out to be a sheer shimmery aqua, which is absolutely beautiful. 



Most of the time I feel that nail polish needs a little more to it, which is why I usually will snazz it up with a stamp or hand paint an image or something. Adding nail art to a plain polish is so fun and really makes things festive but with Megan I felt no need to add anything to it, it's just lovely all on its own. 

Next up there is Carrie, and as I have mentioned before this reminds me of Sex and the City. This is such a cute cotton candy pink. I really loved this color and took lots of photos with it, so here are just three haha. 





Carrie is also another color I could just wear by itself, it's simply pretty and makes me feel oh so girly. However, I was curious how it would look with stamping so I tried a combo that I have always loved, pink and brown.

Base Coat: Essie ridge filling base coat
Base Color: Julep Carrie
Stamping Polish: Essence color and go, Date with the Night
Stamp: BM 16
Top Coat: Seche Vite
**And the dots in the flowers were made with the OPI exclusive, A Sparkle Yule Love and a dotting tool.

I was also curious how this design would look with a matte top coat. I just painted one hand and I must say I wasn't all that impressed with it. Having the shine with the color combo was a much better fit. It was hard to capture the matte top coat on my camera but the third picture below is with the matte top coat.



With Matte top coat.
So who else has gotten a Julep Maven account? How do you like them or dislike them? I hope you enjoyed my post. Always feel free to leave me comments, I love hearing what you guys have to say.

Until next time,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...